Sparta, NJ, resident Michael Perry serves as the head of marketing for ClubsGalore, a popular provider of gift-of-the-month style clubs. In his free time, Michael Perry enjoys reading and studying philosophy and is particularly fond of the works of Cicero and Edmund Husserl.
Widely considered to be the leading creator of phenomenology, though he was not the first to use that term, Edmund Husserl’s work in the area began as a criticism of naturalism and psychologism. Naturalism is the idea that everything we observe is part of nature and, therefore, governed by the laws of nature and subject to evaluation by empirical data and hard science. Psychologism deals with the connections between the laws of psychology and the laws of logic, philosophy, and how humans come to understand the world around them.
Husserl maintained that the study of consciousness is separate from the study of the natural world. Rather than evaluating vast quantities of data, as in the hard sciences, his theory of phenomenology relies on specific examples of human experiences from a first-person perspective. Simply put, his ideas focus on the idea that the boundaries of human consciousness and human understanding shape the way humans experience and define the objects and events around them.
In Sparta, NJ, seasoned marketing professional Michael Perry develops creative marketing strategies for ClubsGalore. As part of his commitment to his profession, Michael Perry carefully follows trends in consumer marketing, both at home in Sparta and around the world.
As 2017 approaches, marketing professionals are anticipating the new ways in which they will reach out to customers in the coming year. Consumer trends point toward the following three changes in the next calendar year.
1. Increased reliance on beacon technology and location services. For example, Target made a splash by using its rewards app to send customers offers as they walk in the door. Other companies are following suit, taking advantage of the 74 percent of millennials who permit such location-based marketing on their devices.
2. Multi-device marketing. Leading companies have already covered the smartphone market, which is not likely to disappear soon. However, creative marketers are beginning to capitalize on wearable devices and other growing consumer technologies. In the years to come, companies are likely to focus on seamless marketing between many devices.
3. Social media marketing will begin to shift from Facebook to Snapchat. Facebook is not going anywhere, but Snapchat has surpassed it in some metrics and is growing wildly. The instantaneous nature of the platform is especially valuable for consumer marketing.
Michael Perry, from Sparta, NJ, has served as the head of marketing at Clubs Galore since 2012. Clubs Galore is an online retail store specializing in a wide variety of gift subscription clubs. In his spare time, Michael Perry enjoys engaging in deep conversations with others.
For those that like to go beyond small talk and engage in deep conversation, it can be difficult at times to find someone who shares your interests. When searching for an opportunity to take a conversation below the surface, it is helpful to remember several guidelines:
First, realize that not everyone enjoys deep conversations. Sometimes the mood or atmosphere isn’t right, or the person with whom you are speaking just isn’t interested. In those situations, it is helpful to recognize the need to find a small circle of friends that share a similar desire for intellectual or philosophical discussions.
Though it can be risky in social settings, asking a deeper question in the midst of conversation can often pay off and lead to an excellent conversation. Rather than simply asking questions that require shorter answers (“What do you do for a living?”), you can follow up with open-ended questions (“What is your favorite thing about your job?”).
Finally, in the midst of a conversation, it is important to genuinely engage and pay attention to what others are saying. Listen and ask meaningful questions rather than simply planning your next response. It is also helpful to discover what the other person is truly passionate about and try to relate to that topic.
Engaging in meaningful conversation with others often takes a great deal of work and a certain level of discernment. When done well however, it can be extremely rewarding and the springboard to valuable relationships.
Michael Perry of Sparta, NJ, serves as the head of marketing at ClubsGalore, an online retail store specializing in gift subscriptions for a variety of luxury products. As a marketing professional, Michael Perry is experienced in producing creative material that draws the attention of consumers.
The creative process involves four distinct stages that, when executed successfully, can help you apply creativity to a variety of pursuits. Embarking on a writing project, work of art, musical score, or a business problem can be a difficult endeavor, but research has shown that the most productive approach to success features four distinct steps.
During this step, you identify the problem and begin your research. Even though the process of brainstorming, establishing goals, and organizing thoughts can be mundane or tedious, it is essential to a successful outcome.
During the incubation phase, you process and formulate ideas and make connections. It is extremely important to minimize distractions while tackling the incubation step.
After spending a sufficient amount of time on preparation and incubation, you may experience an “epiphany” moment and find an initial solution to the creative problem.
When you start transforming your idea into a final product, implementation has begun.
As a marketing executive with more than 20 years of experience, Michael Perry of Sparta, NJ, serves as the head of marketing at ClubsGalore. In this position, Michael Perry creates and develops marketing and communications strategies, such as digital media marketing.
An essential component in today’s marketplace, digital marketing involves promoting products and brands through electronic media such as the Internet, instant messaging, mobile apps, podcasts, and social media. Digital media marketing trends are constantly changing and evolving, so it is important for companies to study their customers’ online habits to determine the best strategy for distributing a message.
The use of mobile devices has increased exponentially over the last few years. A recent Pew Research Center study found that two-thirds of Americans own smartphones, making the development of mobile-friendly websites a necessity for businesses. In addition to the prolific use of social media sites, the popularity of short videos through live-streaming websites has also grown. Continued exposure on these channels should remain a focus of a comprehensive digital marketing strategy.
By making digital marketing strategies a priority over traditional channels, businesses can dramatically increase their visibility and profitability.
Michael Perry of Sparta, NJ, serves as ClubsGalore’s head of marketing. Michael Perry spends much of his spare time in Sparta reading. Avid readers know the value of speed reading, as it enables them to read more and better comprehend what they read.
1. Most of us were taught to read one word at a time. As we read, our eyes travel from word to word, resting for a split second on each as we read. Speed readers know that grouping words is one of the easiest ways to improve reading speed and comprehension. Try reading two words with one look, then once you’ve got that down, graduate to three words, then four. Grouping words together enables readers to take them in quicker with less eye movement.
2. Have you ever been reading something when you have to stop and go back a line because you missed a word or maybe read it wrong? Regression is one of the worst enemies of speed reading. Easily remedy this by using a bookmark to guide your reading, placing it above the line you’re on so you can’t jump back to previous lines and reread.
3. Readers often subvocalize what they’re reading, that is they’ll “say” the words in their mind as they read. Work on quieting this voice to help improve reading speed. Once you begin reading faster, your inner voice will have a hard time keeping up and will only serve to limit your reading speed to how fast it can “speak” the words. Quieting the voice gets rid of this concern all together.
A resident of Sparta, NJ, Michael Perry has driven conversions and revenue in his role as head of marketing at ClubsGalore over the last four years. Throughout his career in Sparta and beyond, Michael Perry has cultivated expertise in a number of areas, including business-to-business (B2B) marketing.
B2B marketing has long been a widely used practice among numerous businesses around the world. Throughout the years, these marketing strategies have developed in response to an ever-changing user base and increasing digital capabilities. Here are a few strategies that have proven most effective for B2B operations:
Even after more than two decades, email remains one of the most common B2B marketing tactics. In recent years, however, professionals have implemented new strategies to increase its effectiveness at generating online leads. Perhaps the most popular email marketing trend is marketing automation, in which businesses can easily create and manage their campaigns using email service providers (ESPs).
This strategy is steadily evolving and remains one of the most effective ways to target advertising campaigns online. One such platform for paid marketing is the Facebook sidebar ad, through which businesses can directly reach their subscribers and display the services they offer.
Businesses need to tap into their target market if they want to best provide their goods and services. Using precise targeting can help gain a look at each buyer’s online personality, which thus helps companies direct a more focused marketing message to them.